Identifying and Repairing Problems with Your Air Conditioning System
Your A/C system is a complex apparatus that, when working properly, fills your entire home with cool, comfortable air. When it glitches, however, the challenge is to find which part of the complex and elaborate machinery is the basis of the problem.
Identifying the issue requires a trained and experienced air conditioning professional. The service experts at Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning are just the right technicians for the job.
Common Causes of a Malfunctioning Air Conditioning System
Many factors can cause your A/C to malfunction. Some of the more common ones include:
- Lack of refrigerant in the system: A lack of sufficient refrigerant will cause the system to work harder to produce cold air. Air conditioning systems don’t consume or burn refrigerant, so if the level is low, it’s the result of a leak or not being sufficiently filled at the time of installation or previous service.
- Dirt and grime on the condenser coil: Dust, dirt and grime can collect and get caked onto your air conditioner’s condenser coil (one of the most important, but fragile, parts of the system). When the condenser coil is covered with dirt, it becomes difficult for the refrigerant inside the coil to condense to its liquid form, making the system far less efficient.
- Clogged air conditioning drain tube: When the surrounding warm air meets the cold evaporator coils in and AC system, condensation occurs naturally. The water accumulates into a drip pan to be drained away from the system. If that line becomes blocked, the water can back up into the system, covering the evaporator coil with ice, impeding the efficient functioning of the entire system.
- Defective sensors or electrical controls: The major components (the compressor and fan) in the air conditioning system depend upon electrical current to work. If a damaged or defective electrical control disrupts the flow of power, the air conditioning system will no longer function properly. The system also must rely on sensors inside the thermostat to command it when to activate and when to shut it off. A faulty thermostat sensor could cause the air conditioning system to constantly run or never turn on at all.
Save with Annual Maintenance Agreements
Contact Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning for affordable annual HVAC Maintenance Agreements in Central Ohio.
When you invest in a central air conditioning system, you presume to enjoy cool comfort throughout the long, hot summer months. You most likely do not wish to be faced with a sudden repair bill, higher than necessary utility bills, or complete system failure.
Contact Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning for annual maintenance to ensure your system delivers superior temperature and humidity control, lower cost of ownership, and dependable operation from your home’s cooling system. Your entire family will benefit from a cleaner, more healthful home atmosphere, more consistent cooling, and lengthened cooling equipment service life. Whether your system is almost new or extremely old, professional service is equally important, helping to avoid unnecessary expenses, property damage, and disruption.
Get Certified, Expert A/C service to help keep you cool!
Our NATE-certified technicians service all makes and models of air conditioners. We’ll verify the equipment is operating safely, then we’ll perform a thorough cleaning, then troubleshoot, then tune the system. Our service techs complete an extensive checklist designed to restore your HVAC equipment to factory condition (or as close as possible), fostering quieter and more efficient operation, helping you protect your investment and ensure your family’s continued comfort. As a Rheem Pro Partner, Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning must meet and maintain rigid criteria for training, and we adhere to rigorous service procedures.
Our highly trained and courteous service technicians accommodate your busy schedule, complete timely service, and take steps to protect floors and surrounding surfaces (indoor and out) from damage. Our technicians arrive on time, dressed professionally in uniform, maintain an orderly job site, and remove any debris and retrieve discarded equipment for proper disposal.
Why Should You Perform Routine Maintenance on your AC Equipment?
A few of the many advantages of professional maintenance from Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning include:
- Energy Savings – Over months and years of service, dust accumulation, restricted airflow, and minor issues within the system will gradually lead to decreased efficiency. By optimizing all components, Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning effectively restores your system, delivering superior comfort for lower monthly costs.
- Fewer Repairs – Seasonal troubleshooting uncovers minor problems before they turn into major malfunctions, eliminating the majority of repair needs.
- Longer Service Life – The estimated lifespan of your cooling equipment is directly impacted by regular, proactive service. As faults within the system are caught and corrected early, the cooling unit avoids wear and tear, operating properly and efficiently, year after year.
- Healthier Air Quality – The inner workings of your cooling system creates the perfect environment for mold, mildew, algae, and fungi to flourish. Air ducts may even harbor bugs, pollen, construction debris, or decomposing animals. Rather than risk the introduction of harmful spores and bacteria into your breathing air, let the qualified technicians from Dor-Mar complete thorough, professional cleaning.
- Convenience – Our service technicians will prep your cooling equipment for the heavy summer workload, allowing you to enjoy uninterrupted, efficient, and superior comfort worry-free. If you encounter any problems with your home’s central air conditioning system, our team of NATE-certified technicians is always available to provide the help you need, 24/7.
Central Ohio AC Repair, Service & Installation Experts
At Dor-Mar Heating & Air Conditioning, we have 57+ years of HVAC industry experience under our belt, we’ve performed thousands of air conditioning system installations and hundreds of thousands of service calls. Perhaps that is why we’re so comfortable guaranteeing that your AC installation or service will be done right the first time.
- NATE Certified, highly trained professional and courteous technicians work days, evenings and weekends – when you need them!
- Same day service available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year
- Service and Installation for ALL makes and models
- 1 year parts and labor warranty on all repairs
- FREE estimates (on installations)
- Service vehicles stocked with the most common parts and supplies
- Complete Central Ohio service area coverage
- 100% satisfaction guarantee